Howdy, y’all! April showers are here, and with them come another community update–so let’s get right to it!
What We’re Doing
As we’ve said before, our devs have been working on a ton of fixes, and we’re almost ready to bring them to you! Here are some of the things you can expect in the next build update:
– Added mouse functionality; left and right mouse buttons as primary and secondary actions
– Locked 3×3 plots when planting seeds; now you don’t need to stand in the exact center of a 3×3 plot to plant!
– Player can now sleep/save without having to go inside the bed; player can stand beside bed and interact with it to bring up the save menu
– New farmland layout for UX improvement
– Adjusted cursor visibility cooldown
– Updated land hover visuals
– Removed re-carry on items after they are thrown
– Updated seed and crop prices for Year 1 crops and saplings
– Updated seed descriptions; you can now view how long it takes a seed to grow and how much it will cost
And here are some of the things we’re still perfecting:
– Better controls introduction to eliminate “guessing” of controls at the start of the game
– Default control sets for: Mouse & Keyboard, Keyboard, Controller
– Shipping Bin tells how much you’re going to earn with the current contents of your bin
If you have any more suggestions about how we can improve gameplay, don’t hesitate to send them our way in the Suggestions thread found here!
We’re happy to announce that Quickfire Games has partnered with Groupees.com, and Wild Season will be part of their Be Mine 24 bundle until April 18!
Groupees.com offers bundles of indie games, music, comics, e-books, and other digital goodies, all at an awesome price and delivered instantly to you. You can also participate in their community and connect with others in the group chat where you can be free to share your passions!
Please go check out the awesome Groupees community and all the great bundles they have for sale! We’ll also be popping into the Be Mine group chat from time to time, so if you have any questions for us, or if you just want to say hi, look out for Quickfire Games there!
Calling All Beta Testers!
We’re still looking for Dev Build Testers for Wild Season, especially for the platforms Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac, and Linux; so if YOU want to beta test Wild Season and get first look at new adjustments, events in the game, AND a free copy of Episode 2*, email us via email@example.com!
*Note: This applies only once Episode 2 is available for BETA testing.
Reminder: Fanart Contest Deadline Extended!
We want to give all you talented artists out there more time to participate in our Wild Season Fanart Contest, so we’re extending the deadline until April 24, 2016!
Winners will receive an exclusive Wild Season artwork made especially for you by our fantastic game artists, check out the contest guidelines here!
Email your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org, and the winners will be announced on April 27, during our community update.
That’s about it for today, so until our next update! If you have any questions, or would just like to say hi, email us at email@example.com.