Hey y’all! February is almost over, and it’s time once again for our regularly scheduled community update!
After the Podcast
Last week we held our first Q&A stream for Wild Season on our Twitch channel; thanks to everyone who tuned in to watch and ask us questions! During our podcast, we cleared up some confusion and made some very special announcements–so if you missed it, you can still check out the recording at www.twitch.tv/quickfiregamesstudio/, or catch the highlights video on our YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/quickfiregamesstudio sometime later this week!
Coming Soon: New Build Release!
We know it’s been a long time since our last build update. However, it’s only because the devs have been working tirelessly on fixing the numerous bugs you guys reported to us, as well as ones we’ve noticed ourselves–so we’re happy to finally be able to say that you guys can expect a new build release real soon!
Look out for an announcement when we do upload the latest build; and in the meantime, if you find any more bugs that you think we don’t know about yet, hop on over to http://wildseasonthegame.com/feedback.html and kindly inform us. We always appreciate your help!
Wild Season Foodies Fanart Contest!
While we all wait for the next update, we thought it might be fun to have a little competition! So today we’re officially announcing a Wild Season fanart contest, and the theme of this contest is nothing other than food, glorious FOOD!
Show us Sophie and Nick frying up a feast with their new frying pans! Show us Mary burning a pie in the Cat with the Fiddle Inn, or Will dressed as a giant stack of pancakes! We’d love to see what you can cook up for the cast of Wild Season with your own imaginations!
Winners will receive special Wild Season artwork created especially for them by our talented arts team. So if YOU want a chance to get such an awesome prize, check out our contest guidelines below:
- Entries to the Wild Season Foodies Fanart Contest must contain one or more of the official Wild Season characters. The chosen theme of food should also be evident in the artwork.
- Acceptable file formats for contest entries are JPEGs, GIFs, and PNGs.
- Contest entries should be uploaded on the fanartist’s personal Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr account with the tag #WSfanartcontest. A link to the fanartist’s social media post should also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Wild Season Fanart Contest.” Entries should be submitted on or before March 23, 2016.
- All entries will be uploaded to a photo album on the Wild Season Facebook page, which will be closed on the day of the deadline. If an entry has not been added to the album, it either means that the fanartist did not follow one or more of the guidelines, or that the entry was not officially received by the Quickfire Games team via email and the other approved social media channels.
- The fanart contest will have three winners; one based on Technical Skill, another based on Creativity, and a People’s Choice winner which will be given to the artwork in the Wild Season Facebook album with the most number of likes. All three winners will receive the prize of an original digital Wild Season artwork created especially for them, and signed by the entire Quickfire Games team.
- Contest winners will be announced on March 30, 2016 via community update on Wild Season’s Steam page, and also notified via the email addresses they used to send in their entries.
- NSFW submissions will NOT be tolerated. The rating of Wild Season is PG-13, and entries to this and any subsequent official contests related to Wild Season should be in keeping with this rating unless otherwise specified.
- Current and former Quickfire Games employees and interns, if they choose to enter the contest, will not be eligible to win prizes; however, we will be happy to upload their artwork to the contest entries album and share them with the rest of the community.
- Fanartists retain the rights to their own work, while Quickfire Games retains the rights to Wild Season and all its characters and settings.
We look forward to seeing all your gorgeous artwork!
Finally, in light of the discussions we had during our podcast and all the questions we’ve received from you guys about the Wild Season characters, we’ll start to reveal a little more about them, one bit of trivia at a time! We’ll be posting fun facts about your favorite Bedford Valley residents on our Twitter (@quickfiregame) and Tumblr (quickfiregames.tumblr.com), starting real soon, so stay tuned!