Many of you have been asking what makes Wild Season different from the other titles out there, or why should you play or back Wild Season instead of playing one of those. Whilst Wild Season shares many same features and concepts as other games in the Genre, it also does some things very differently. Whilst I have included a list below of some of the more obvious items we have included in the game that we feel set it apart. this list is by no means exhaustive, as there are many many other little things that we are doing in our own way, but they all add up to a more unique experiences. Things ranging from storytelling style, art style, approach to mechanics and more.
- Character driven story-telling approach. Each character has a history, internal conflicts, issues and distinct personalities.
- A more mature undertone: Unlike other games of this genre, we want characters to be deep, compelling and relatable. As such we have decided to take a slightly more mature approach with our storytelling, with characters having to deal with a range of issues, ranging from drinking problems to crisis of concience.
- Its not just about making friends: Its not about achieving the highest level of friendship with everyone in the town to achieve rewards. If you just dont like a particular character you can make them your enemy or rival!
- Off-Duty Activities: Whilst running and mantaining the farm is important, we are also focusing strongly on activities available to the player when not on the farm, including activities, jobs, entertainment & more social options. (with farm automation options later in the game to make it easier for those who get bored with the same routine after a few years)
- Contextual relationship building: NPC’s will notice when you come out for drinks in the evening, or when you barge into their houses and rooms at odd hours off the night (and when you do it too much!), or begin to stalk them
- Political System: Join the town council and help shape the direction of your town.
- Use of technology. Use evolving technologies (tv/ cellphones, etc) to help manage and automate your farms & relationships
- Dog & Horse racing. Breed Dogs & Horses for races (yes more than one) (inspired by FFVII Chocobo racing & Sonic adventure’s Chao)
- Regional Crops: available based on where you live, encouraging trading to gain a wider variety of produceAnd much more!